He's here! Finally! May 17th at 6:30am I had my beautiful baby boy. He weighed in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces and was 21 and 1/4 inches. We are doing very well; sleep deprived but well. He is pretty good although seems to be a little fussier than the previous two. We'll see how it all shakes out. But luckily he is sleeping well and eating very well.
We are really truly blessed and feeling the honor that God bestows upon us with each child. He is not kidding when He says "children are a blessing" it is so true. It is at times hard and painful and full of confusion but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel so unbelievably fortunate to have these four wonderful, caring, bright, and healthy children. I can't imagine my life any other way.
Of course bringing the baby home made everyone else jump in size! They all seem so big and grown-up. Wow! What a difference a couple of days and a baby make! They are all thrilled to have him. Lucy seems the most excited. She has already picked him up and carried him into the kitchen by herself twice! What a good little helper! She has bossed me around for the last three days when it comes to caring for him. Poor Henry, I think he will have two smothering older sisters! Oh well. It could be worse.
The midwife was amazing! I can't even begin to describe the differences of being cared for in this way. The prenatal care was outstanding and individual but labor, delivery and postpartum have been equal or greater in their treatment. I will always highly reccomend and emplore women to seek this kind of care for themselves and their babies. These women know what they are doing and they do it with care and passion. You can't really get that at a hospital...not all the time anyway. I was so very blessed by having my baby this way.
can.not.wait. call me soon so we can formulate. yes, I am a rapper.
ReplyDelete