Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WE ARE...




moving!  To Sandpoint, Idaho.  I can hardly believe it myself sometimes.  It has been a whirlwind and I am hoping to keep myself from going over the edge but only time will tell.  Casey has been out of work since November and looking for jobs.  He actually applied for this job in Couer d'Alene but they only had an opening in Sandpoint.  He interviewed anyway and got it!  We were a little shocked actually.  So, it has hardly sunk in even though Casey is commuting one and a little extra hours to work one way everyday now.  But no weekends!  Plus, he doesn't have to dig or carry rocks in the scorching heat and pouring rain.  Yeah!

We are trying to get the house ready to sell and figure out what the next steps are in all of this.  The kids are anxious about all of it and wondering when all of this "moving" is going to actually happen.  I am trying to get everyone to push through more work while we are in the calm before the storm.  That way I won't feel quite so bad when we stop school for the summer in April and I turn my kids into slave laborers.  I have been doing some packing and painting.  Trying to "stage" the house as best I can.

Dasiy has had the most trouble with it and in the first couple of days was lamenting over "never seeing her friends ever again"...I reminded her we weren't moving to Kansas just Sandpoint.  So when I was looking in here sad and sentimental face I caved and told her she could have one of her cousins puppies!  She was thrilled and seems to be fine with the move now.  It is amazing what an animal can do for your heart!

Things are crazy and busy and I am overwhelmed most of the time.  This is my busy season anyway so I feel a little like I am on the crazy train.  Woot woot...all aboard!

These photos are not super recent but I just thought I would add them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment